Tuesday, April 26, 2011

In search of a little Spring!

Like many parts of the country, our "Spring" has been lacking this year. It has been rainy and downright cold, with only a few hints of warmth and sun. I got a little fed up with all of the cold, rainy days last week and decided that we would go in search of a little Spring. We headed over to Garfield Conservatory. It is a very large indoor garden run by the Chicago Park District, which means FREE!


We wandered through the rainforest,

explored tunnels in the children's garden,


and sat mesmerized by the fish pond.


Emie LOVES all things purple and was very excited to find these beautiful purple flowers!


And though I was not able to get a good picture of my dear children in front of the waterfall, I did keep everyone from diving in for a swim, and I call that a successful outing!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a fabulous outing!!! we have another rainy day here! Ugh!