Friday, March 16, 2012

I want to remember :)

I want to remember these funny, funny kid days. I was reading one of the Duggars' books recently and they shared a story from when they had four or five little ones. They looked at those little faces and realized "these are the best days of our lives and we don't even know it!". Our kids are all at really fun ages right now and they all make me laugh in their own ways. Here are some funny conversations we've had lately.

N: Mommy, when I grow up, like in college, what should I be?
T: What would you like to be?
N: A fireman
T: really? You don't want to be a physical therapist like Mommy and Daddy? Or a teacher like Grandma?
N: hmmmm . . . No.
T: how about an accountant, like Grandpa?
N: I don't know what that is, but it does NOT sound fun.

T: Emie, time to go potty before bed, you can cook me a pot of soup in your kitchen tomorrow.
E: Potty soup? Yuck! How about fish and butter soup? That would be good!

Issac is funny in his own way too. His utter love for the giraffe on his exersaucer, his current obsession with his toes, the little joyful river dance he does when I get him up in the morning . . . all things I must remember.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Such sweet memories! Now that I'm sleeping, I'm really loving these days, too! Aw blessed sigh!

MNK said...

Alas, the time goes by so fast. But that's why blogs are so fantastic. Greg and I decided to get a video camera and I'm just gonna set it up for a few hours each week and record playtime and life. Just cause :)