Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm gonna make a recipe, I just can't wait to start!

Anybody know and love Psalty? This is the song the kids and I sing whenever we cook together! It just makes cooking with kids so much more fun when you sing and dance as well :)

Sadly, my laptop computer took a little spill at the hands of my 1 year old and I won't be able to load pictures here for a little while. So, I decided to post a yummy recipe instead!

Here is a recipe for Golden Pumpkin Rolls:

Ingredients

  • 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F to 115 degrees F)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 3/4 cup warm milk (110 to 115 degrees F)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Sprinkle with sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add milk, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, salt, spices and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
  2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a roll. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.

They were SUPER tasty! I substituted whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and added a bit more yeast to help the dough rise a bit more, but otherwise followed the recipe pretty closely.

I love cooking in the fall!!! Feel free to share a fall recipe with me - I'm sure I'll give it a try with my little Psalty singing cooks :)

2 comments:

MNK said...

These look delicious - think I'll make them this weekend - yum, yum!

em and pete said...

These do look yummy...of course it's still in the 90s here, I like to whip out the pumpkin when it feels like fall. But oh my goodness, I love the old-school songs. Now its going to be stuck in my head all day.