Thursday, February 11, 2010

Six months

Emie turned six months on February 8th!


Who needs fancy teething toys when your older brother keeps you supplied with duplo train tracks to chew on!



Okay, once in a while Mommy gives me my own toys to play with.


I'm one content, smiley girl . . . don't see much reason to get upset.


Hi Mommy! Wanna play?

Emie is, in fact, a very happy girl. She rarely gets upset and usually only cries when she's tired. She's grown up a lot since four months!
  • She started solid foods! She's had a lot of different foods and so far has liked nearly everything I've tried. I think her favorites are bananas, peas, apples and squash. She wasn't a huge fan of avocado, but ate a decent amount.
  • She rolls all over the place, just started sitting on her own, can get up on all fours, scoots backwards on her tummy, stands with little support, plays with toys, and chews on her feet all the time.
  • She's a thumb sucker and tummy sleeper.
  • She loves her exersaucer. I can't really put her in her bouncy chair or bumbo anymore because she finds a way to get out of both. Quite the little escape artist! The exercise mat is out too as she collapses it on herself all the time.
  • She loves to hang out in my sling. She's very content to be close to Mommy.
  • She sleeps 10-12 hours a night and takes 2 naps. Yay!
  • She is not very verbal right now, mainly just squeals and says "mmm" when you feed her.
  • She doesn't really giggle yet either, but she has such a sweet smile, especially right after she's done nursing.
  • She loves a good bath! She kicks her feet and splashes with her hands. I can't wait to take her swimming this summer. I'm not sure how I'll do it with both kiddos though - any suggestions?
Well, that's my Emie girl! Thanks for humoring me as I record some thoughts about my kiddos. I'm terrible at baby books, so hopefully this will at least give me some records of their development.

2 comments:

MNK said...

You know what I love? That her and Emery have the same outfits. She wore one in a previous post that Emery also has and I can't wait for Emery to fit in the brown and pink one she's sporting in this post. Is it lame to wish we lived closer and we could dress our girls up the same and take them out together. Sniff, sniff. Miss you!

Kelly said...

I forgot about your blog until this morning! I now have it book marked! :) I CAN NOT believe Emie is 6 months already! She is beautiful!