Sunday, January 08, 2012

Born to swim

Isaac had his first pool experience this weekend. I don't think we've ever taken one of the other kids swimming this early, but Isaac was pretty much able to float on his back without any help. I have heard that babies have a natural ability to right themselves in the water early on, but I always thought that sounded a little crazy to me. But our little three month old was just floating along like a little bob with us just guarding his head. Maybe there is something to those early swimming lessons. Don't worry, I don't think I'll be tossing my baby in the water and expecting him to survive any time soon, but maybe the idea isn't as crazy as I thought!

He even survived a few good splashes from his big brother and sister.


We'll see if any of our kiddos catch the swimming bug!

1 comment:

MNK said...

Okay, if you're brave enough to take Isaac then I guess I can take Ian...
You inspire me in so many ways ;)